As someone who runs a digital agency @MCS_Ltd (Instagram) I’m supposed to say you should always outsource social media marketing. The problem is I don’t agree.
There are many reasons why you should manage your own social. For instance, because no one knows your business better than you.
But if you’re not 100% committed, you could be wasting time and money on your social media efforts.
Here are 5 warning signs you need to outsource immediately:
1. You post only when you have time (after all, you are busy with other important stuff)
2. You post only when you have something to sell (because, what is the essence of social if not sales?)
3. You get an intern or family member to work for free (it’s not a serious job anyway)
4. You respond to comments and DM’s weeks later (at least, you respond)
5. You write content but it seems no one is paying attention (they will come around, one day, you tell yourself).
If you have the time, budget, and experience to create an in-house team or become one, then do so.
However, if you do not have the expertise, platform-specific knowledge, knowledge of useful tools, ability to write content and the ability to be reliable with posting, outsource! Get a reputable agency with the right skillset and pricing to help you move your brand forward online.
Social media is more than just branding, it’s storytelling. Social media is not always about sales. Social media involves real-time marketing and response. You cannot afford to ignore social in your marketing strategy.
Written By Olugbenga Ogunbowale.